Apple is Killing Me!



WWDC2011 was the best thing happened yesterday, Apple fanatics are going crazy and non-mac users are dying to become ones! The new features and updates were overwhelming I couldn't wrap my head around them, and until this moment, I'm not sure if I understood everything I saw in the event video! So, I will try to go over it step by step.

- OS X Lion:



It's available in AppStore on July by only 29.99 $! The new software is a total different experience, I actually felt bored with Snow Leopard already!

- Multi-touch gestures: brings a new experience to mac users; the scroll bar is no longer there, it only appears when the user scroll down with two fingers. To zoom, just tap the trackpad. To navigate in Safari's history, just swipe left or right. To get to the mission control, swipe three fingers down. The mission control brings dashboard, full-screen apps and other files all together on the screen, plus additional spaces if you have more apps and files to work on.

- Full-screen Apps: to give the user space to work. Personally, I'm tired when screens refuse to get bigger so I have to drag the window. Thank god, I don't have to do this anymore. A full screen button is built on with the new software!

- Launchpad:  I loved this, and I'm sure I'm going to use it a lot! Launchpad basically changes the screen to a full-screen of every application you have on your mac! To make it easier, it's like your iPhone/iPad screen on your macbook. You can work on them, swipe between the apps pages and download apps and have it directly on the launchpad! This is just awesome, just click on the icon and have it all there!



- Resume: Okay, now I need to breathe! This feature auto-save everything you work on, you can quit the document you're working on without saving your work and go back to it later to find it as you have left it. What if you didn't like what you have done lately? No worries! There is something called Versions, to have a history of every step you made on the document. Imagine having versions of each change you had on that document!!! You can copy and past from and to different versions. I personally believe this is am amazing experience for writers and graphic designers! *Breathe in, breathe out*

- Mail: The mail is just got better. I tired to use the mail when I first got my mac but I didn't like it, it was complicated and I was better off checking my e-mail from a web-browser. Watching the keynote, I think the use of mail will be much easier and neater.

- iOS 5:



Aaaah, from where should I start?? I was gasping the whole time, everything was just mind-blowing!

- Notification Center:  is just brilliant! It made me think why they haven't thought about before? I don't mind having the notification window popping up my iPhone screen but having tons of notifications all in one minute and then they just disappear, that was annoying! Thank god, it has been taken care of. Just swipe down and see a list of every notification you have! I like the change of the notification window, too, it's better to have it as a bar on top of the screen, it's neat and it does not interrupt anything!

- iMessage: Let's all do the happy dance! Being a WhatsApp user for like couple of months, I see the difference between it and the iMessage. iMessage tops the WhatsApp in the "Read mark" to inform us that the receiver read the message! It's built on the messages application, so no need for downloading other apps and it provides everything the messaging apps usually offer.

- Newsstand: Oh My God! This is more than what I can handle! I loved this app more than the iBooks, I can't even imagine having my favorite magazine right on my iPhone; SPIN, National Geographic, Nylon and the New Yorker! I don't usually buy apps and stuff from the AppStore, but once I upgrade my iPhone I will subscribe on couple of magazines; and the ones I mentioned are on top of my list!

- Reminders: happy dance? YEAH! This is the best to-do app I have ever saw, this is a to-do list that I can relay on. It's easy to manage and so sufficient! What impressed me the most, that it is a location-based app. This means when you add a to-do item once you get out of work, you add the location and choose "When I leave" option and Voila! once you leave your work, it will remind you of that item! This is an app that I'm going to use a lot!

- Safari: there wasn't much of changes.. the best thing was the "Reader" option; to have the article you are reading isolated for you to read without any distraction, and the "Reading list." I always find stuff that I think they're worth reading so I wait till I get home or have a better time to read, and then I forget all about it. With Reading list, you can mark all the pages you're planning to read and have it synchronized with Safari on your mac and iPad! I can't wait for Reading list!

- PC Free: I literary gasped till I choked with air! It made me think.. "FINALLY!" I think it's a smart step for Apple to do. No one is going to worry about setting up their iPhones and iPads anymore!

- More features:  There are more features, I can't cover them all in one post. Camera and Photo are pretty cool, I like the camera button on the locked screen and the photo editing. I don't understand the changes on Twitter, I think it's still the same. I don't like it being linked to your twitter-using contacts though. The rich-text in the mail is awesome!

- iCloud:




What is this? This is MAGIC, and only Apple users can see this magic! I am always suffering from transferring photos from my iPhone to my mac. I have to plug my iPhone to my mac every time I want to post the photos I took by my iPhone on my facebook or blog, and the dilemma goes on! First, it's free and it's already on the devices, so there is no need to install it. How does it work? It just does! Whenever you're taking a photo from your iPhone, you will find it there in your iPad and mac, and vice versa! The same thing with songs, apps and document! We only have to wait till fall to have all these new features on our iPhones/iPads.

I still can't get over this even though I wrote all what I'm excited for, meaning everything, I haven't slept yet and I have to go to work at 7:30 in the morning. Either way, let me know what do you think of all of that, and I will go and catch some sleep!

Comments

  1. with every new feature they announced i start screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see amazing new stuff although iCloud looks a lot like Dropbox which I'm already using , but I don't mind to check which one is better :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i already loved my mac and my iphone more wait and the ipad too :o

    very amazing apple i really feel sorry for non mac users :p

    CAN'T WAIT !

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL so was I!!! I don't blame you wallah :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know about the Dropbox but they did mention how is iCloud is different and more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, me too! I was looking at two of my sisters who don't have Macbooks and I was like "Masaaakeeeeen" even though one has iPhone and the other one has iPad but they were DYING to get Macbooks too!!! I'm definitely getting an iPad this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment