Pick Yourself Up && Enjoy the Ride


I was having a bad day until I came across a song that turned it all around for me, and it hit me; I'm still young for this sh*t. I should never be this exhausted and worn out! It has been a hell of a ride for me that sometimes I forget I'm only 27 years old.

Things have been difficult in 2014 but I got through, we all can manage to get through at the end. I have Zozo in my life and that is a huge blessing, and I'm still having my family around. Thank god. It was heartbreaking hearing the sad news about some of my relatives being seriously sick, and although they are doing so much better now, it's still breaking my heart knowing that they were going through all that pain. There is nothing to do about it, we can only pray.

On the bright side, Zozo turned one and she is in a good health and doing great. She is pretty smart and funny, too. She is the light of my life, I miss her and I love her more and more with every and each day. I know I sound cheesy but it's true, I've never known I could love someone like this. To sum up, my life revolves around her. I'm trying to be a better person only for her.

2014 ended in a good way career-wise. On December last year, I started working as an English teacher for 7th grade, it was so hard dealing with teenagers. By next term, I'm going to teach 5th graders and see how it will work out. I'm not sure about having a School-teacher as a life-long career, I have my mind set on something else, and I'm doing this only to get the experience I need. Hopefully, it will get much better for me..

And let's not forget about Hajj! I was blessed and extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to complete the Hajj rituals with my family. It was amazing, I have never felt this closer to Allah, I can't express how spiritually amazing the trip was. Being a part of a huge crowd and we were all there for the same reason made me feel like I belong.

They say that things get worse before they get better, I say no matter how bad or good things are doing in life, we have to stand strong and appreciate the good and the bad in life. How can we learn and become stronger if we didn't go through ups and downs? So, I kept a promise to myself to cherish those little details in life.. enjoy a cup of coffee alone, read a page or two, keep a notebook around and dance on some lovely tunes..

Always be strong,
Keep learning & never stop improving.


Comments