October Babies ~ صغيرات أكتوبر..


I had my second baby girl month ago, and I'm still wrapping my head around it. Last month was an emotional ride having baby No# 2, missing my first baby Sara and coping with everything. What broke my heart is that Sara was scared of touching me the first few days because she saw how tired I am.. thankfully, she forgot all about it once I was home. 

What's different on having a second baby? Nothing! 
Unlike what I expected, it doesn't get easier. I still feel like a mommy for the first time! The only different thing this time was the baby-shopping. I was determined to try my best to breastfeed my baby so I got an electric pump. 

I'm grateful for this item, it helped me especially that my baby had to stay in the nursery for more two days. So, I pumped for her while she was there and visited her to give her my milk.  It's around 700 and something and I recommend it for new-mommies. 

A clothing brand I recently discovered.. I ordered matching pajams for Sara and the new baby, and I can say that I'm satisfied with the quality.. The collections are so cute and simple.. I'm sure I'm going to order more for my girls. You can also find the brand in Children Salon

Another thing you can find in Children Salon is Aden + Anais swaddles. I wasn't planning to buy new swaddles, but I had to buy a set only because I forgot Sara's muslin swaddles back at Riyadh. Sara's were from Swaddle Designs. If you asked me which one I preferred, I would say Swaddle Designs. They were lighter and more flexible. 

These are at top of my mind and what I want to share at the moment. There will be more baby-posts in the future. I'm sure I'm going to have a hell of a journey with my two baby girls and I can't wait to go back home in Riyadh. 


These are the preparations for my baby favors. They are glass gars that have egg-shaped chocolates (from Munich) and a pink baby bottle keychain (from Jeddah's downtown -Al Balad-). The idea came randomly while discussing baby favors with my sister, who encouraged me to do them myself.. and I did each one of them! 


The theme this time was my own attempt for a shabby chic designs.. As you see from the photos, the door decoration, chocolate trays and the favors stand are all covered with flowers. The flowers were artificial and done by Lebanon Flowers in Jeddah, Al Rawdah Street. They did the door decoration and the trays and the mason jars bouquets. The baby favors are all done by me, I designed the sticker and assembled everything! As for the chocolates, I had them from The Connoisseur and Alpina

I enjoyed planning everything, it eased the pressure of the anticipation and passed the time for me.. And now, I only have to start this new chapter in my life, I call it Mommy for Two Chapter. I have to be ready for being busy and all up to my head. Ready to give all the love in my heart for two angels, and have all the patience for when they turn to little naughty monsters. 

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I didn't know that I can love one little person this much.. how about loving another tiny creature? It's amazing how a mother's heart works, it's already exhausting but when I see my two girls happy and healthy, it's surely rewarding. 

الحمدلله دائماً و ابداً 
*




Comments