Ramadan Mubarak ~  الحمدلله الذي بلغنا رمضان..


Ramadan this year is so special and different in so many ways. Unlike every year, this Ramadan I will spend it here in Riyadh away from family. I will miss everything there in my mother's house, their food, the decorations and mostly my dearest family. Thankfully, I have my own little family with me. Saud, Sara and Alia.. and of course, Joy. I will try to make these holy few days count. 

* Be Active & Creative. 

The fact that I'm working in the day will help a lot of being active throughout the day. I will take this opportunity to work out more and eat less. I will take my mind off food by focusing on my creative side. I'm planning to work more on Photoshop to regain my graphic design skills. 

* Feed the Heart & the Soul. 

It's the Holy Month, so I'm going to make sure I won't let this chance to slip away. I've always said and tried to read the whole Quran in Ramadan, but I always fail. This month, I will put my efforts to achieve my lifelong goal. Now that I have more time in my hands, I will always read couple of pages from the Quran after each prayer and at the end of the night. Also, I have tons of things to ask from Allah, so I will make advantage of these holy days just to pray, pray and pray for Allah to make everything alright. 

* Meditate & Relax.

The past few years left my mind in a state of mess. I will try to focus, put my life into a whole new perspective. I will clear out my mind and put those scribbles into fine lines. Whenever my daughters go to sleep, I will just lay down and stare into the ceiling. I won't push myself around trying to finish million things in once. I will just lay back. And relax. 

*

I was upset when I found out that I won't get Ramadan off but when I thought more about it. I will make it worth it. I won't take this chance for granted to enrich my spiritual and physical sides. These are my humble list to do in Ramadan. There are not that much and but they are what I truly need at this time. I hope I can make it all.

Comments