[Book] The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas


 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

My Rating
⭐⭐⭐⭐

*
The book tells a story about Starr, a teenager from a poor neighborhood who studies at a fancy school. She lives two different worlds! The story starts with her childhood friend getting shot by a police officer. He's innocent but the whole world is ignoring that fact. She must fight to speak out. 

I loved the book because it's different than bunch of books I've read lately, which was refreshing. The author, Angie Thomas, draws a picture that reflects the black community in a real way. At one point, I felt it was a real story because the amount of emotions the book has. Police brutality was going for a long time in the US and people were fighting against it.

"Inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, this is a powerful and gripping YA novel about one girl's struggle for justice."

What I loved the most about the characters is that they seem so real, each one of them is different. The author illustrates the life in the neighborhood in a real way, it's not all drugs and gangs. No, there are people who try to make an honest living. People with family and having small businesses. So, it made me think about stereotypes and making judgments by the skin's color or a person's race. And you know that as the story develops and characters grow.

I strongly recommend The Hate U Give. The writing is very lucid and vivid, I saw all the scenes in my mind as I was reading.. How Starr looks.. the neighborhood and the suburbs.. everything in the book. The characters are relatable.. if I'm going to use a word to describe them, I will pick "real"!




Young Adult | Fiction | Contemporary


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Comments

  1. Hi, I love your blog so much! It’s what inspired me to start my own. I would appreciate it if you could check it out. Here is the link: https://billionwords-bookblog.blogspot.no/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii! Thanks a lot! That makes so happy <333 Count me as a reader for your blog, I love book reviews and I'm sure you're doing amazing!!

      Delete

Post a Comment