[Book] Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler




Goodreads Rating: ✭✭✭✩✩
Genre: Fiction | Romance | Contemporary 
-
My Rating: ✭✭✩✩✩

The fact the I rated the book five stars, it doesn't mean that it was horrible. In fact, it was anything but horrible. I would finish it way earlier if I didn't get busy in Jeddah and getting sick after that. Every time I start reading Vinegar Girl, I get hooked with the writing. I loved how simple and smooth it was. I could read her writings for hours. 

There was nothing special about the story, I thought it would get more interesting than how it actually ended up. The story is about Kate who takes care of the house and her father Dr. Battista and young sister; Bunny. Her father had a strange request of her marrying his assistant, Pytor, in order for him to get a green card. 

Vinegar Girl is a retelling of Shakespeare's play; The Taming Of The Shrew. Honestly, I haven't read it, so I had to look it up and compare it with Vinegar Girl. To think about it, the book was dull and slow comparing to the play. I like the beginning and how Kate dealt with her father's request initially. But the ending of the book was disappointing. Not so much of taming! 

Do I recommend the book? Yes! Just for the sake of reading Anne Tyler's writing. 

*

هذا الكتاب كان المفروض اخلصه من زمان لو ما انشغلت بروحتي لجدة و اللخبطة اللي مع رجعة البيت.. اللي حسيته من الكتاب، كل ما بدأت اقراه، اندمج بكل سهولة! الكتابة كانت مره بسيطة و تسلسل القصة سلس خصوصا بإن الشخصيات ابدا مو كثيـرة.. الكتاب مقتبس من مسرحية لشكسبير ماقرأتها للأسف بس بحثت عنها و اتطلعت عليها.. حسيت في تشابه بسيط و من اللي قريته عن المسرحية، حسيت فيها حياة أكثر من الكتاب اللي كان فيه طابع ممل شوي. 

القصة عن كيـت و أبوها العالِم اللي يطلب منها طلب غريب جدا و تحاول كيت رفض هذا الطلب أكثر من مره. أبوها طلب منها تتزوج مساعده في المختبر عشان ما يرحلونه لبلده.. 

اندمجت مع الكتاب كثير لما خصصت وقت اقراه على راحتي لكن للأسف انتهى الكتاب بسرعه و بطريقة ماتوقعتها بالنسبه لبداية الكتاب! هذا الشي مايعني ان الكتاب مره سيئ، بالعكس كانت قرائته ممتعه و خلاني اتمنى اقرا كتب اكثر من نفس الكاتبة.. هل أنصح بالكتاب؟ ليش لا! 

*

I got the book from... 

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Comments