Book: Insurgent by Veronica Roth


One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Goodreads Page
My rating: 3 / 5

Insurgent is the second installment of the series Divergent by Veronica Roth. You can refer to my review about Divergent here. I found Insurgent a bit tougher to get through. Unlike Divergent, the second book is slow paced at first, characters dwell on the same subject over and over again it becomes really dull. But as I read on, the story develops and fortunately, the book grows to be more interesting. Anyhow, I think the book is a disappointing sequel, it wasn't horrible but it didn't live up with Divergent. I don't have much to say about Insurgent, it left me with nothing. I didn't know where this book is going to take me, everything was so vague I'm not sure if I want to continue reading the upcoming book in October, 2013. 

Comments