Jarir Surprised Me!



I went today to Jarir Bookstore for a quick trip to pick up a laptop sleeve for my MacBook, and I thought it won't harm me if I went upstairs to check out the English books section. I wasn't expecting anything but to my surprise, I found new stock of classics in a decent edition! I nearly jumped from happiness that I found the books I have always wanted to read but I've never found them in any bookstore in Jeddah! I have always complained how lame the classic section in Jarir is, but now I can't stop thinking about it. It used to be half empty and you can only find book in York classics and another edition that I hadn't bother to look at it twice. Anyway, the books I saw today were Oxford World's Classics. I can't even begin with the list of what I saw today but I found what I was dying to get for ages; The Adventures Huckleberry Finn, Heart of Darkness, Virginia Woolf's books and many more! The edition is devoted to Shakespeare's works, too and it provides a glossary and everything the reader needs in reading such books. I was happy, too, to see The Jungle Book there and I put it right away in my booklist. The edition is neat with a decent artwork and sight-friendly papers, totally not eyes-blinding white like York Classics pages! Moreover, it's affordable; it costs 29 SR only!

If you want to know more about the edition, just click the link above and you can check what else they're publishing but I'm not sure we could find them all in Jeddah's Jarir. Or you can just pay a visit to Jarir and check out what they have yourselves!

Comments

  1. the classics sections really sucks , that's goood neeews , I have to check it out I haven't bought anything in a while , maybe it's time to get something new .. I mean old .. I mean classic :P
    thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome honey! It is, I'm still excited I can't wait to go there again and get bunch of them! LOL it took me a while to get your joke, clever :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I did visit Jarir to get the required books for our Modern class, and for my surprise I found what you're talking about!
    I kinda made plans to come back here after I graduate inshAllah to get the books I always wanted to read, like those of Dostoevsky & Thomas Hardy.
    Creative editions <3
    Was glad to find such a post, you r speaking my mind! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're such a nerdy couple, aren't we! I'm so glad to see someone is excited about stock of books as I am! The edition is great for self-studying, the book includes everything you need to know about the literary work along with the work itself. What more do a literature fanatic need! All in one neat decent package. I bought The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Heart of Darkness, I can't wait to pick new pack of books, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment