Book: Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk


  Meet the protagonist of this high stakes tale of a high fashion model. She’s got everything: a great career, a boyfriend, a loyal best friend. But a terrible accident leaves this beauty a hideous monster with only half a face! In fact, no one will even acknowledge she’s alive until she meets Brandy Alexander, Queen Supreme, who’s one operation away from being a woman. She teaches her how to reinvent herself into something better and how to get revenge on her two-timing ex-boyfriend and back-stabbing best friend in Chuck Palahniuk’s Invisible Monsters.



 

4 / 5

This is the second book I read by Palahniuk; I can see why this guy is popular! His style is kind of aggressive, if I could say so, he is not so mainstream and gosh how much he hates television! I will read more of his books in the future and I'm sure I will find the same concept in each books he wrote; angsty, revolution and disturbing images! I must say that I had a different idea of this book before reading but either way, I'm not disappointed in it. If there was a hint of disappointment, it's just because that I had to stop reading it for a long while :( The book so entertaining, and I personally believe it's better than Lullaby. The sotry of a beautiful model losing her beauty and trying to live her life afterward is so gripping, and the end of book is so shocking you want to shake the book and scream WHY? WHYYYY?! I loved how the sotry peels itself pages after pages until you can see the whole shocking truth. The books is consisted of several flashbacks, disturbing humor and of course, qoutes that will make you think!

Comments

  1. i love aggressive ! it's exciting ..
    I missed your reviews ..welcome back ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my list :D

    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I I missed my blog and missed going through your blog, too <3
    I think you will like it, it's so thrilling and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment