Riyadh Trip

We spent our Hajj holiday in Riyadh, it was so fun especially the road trip with auntie and her daughters! It was super fun to just lay back and enjoy the road trip..







At first, I was mesmerized by the landscape and the nature of region, the color of the sand, type of soil and the structure of the mountains. It was fascinating.



After we settled down and spent the first night, Buffalo's was the first place to check! I woke up the next day, racing my sister and cousins to the door eager to go to the place I've been drooling over for a long while! I've been seeing photos of their breakfast menu everywhere before going to Riyadh, I couldn't decide what to have that morning, I just wanted it all! Needless to say, the food was GREAT!



Unfortunately, the place was a bit too claustrophobic, which is something I didn't like about Riyadh, some of the restaurants are designed that way and others surround you with  partitions to suffocate the air out of your lungs! There are some exceptions, thou. There are some places that have vast open spaces. We develop the habit of saying: "No Partitions" whenever we go to a restaurant.



Dairy Queen <3 I don't know why I always assume people know Dairy Queen, and then, I have to explain it for them why I was so excited about this place. It brings back my favorite childhood memories, we actually went there for three times!



They should make it illegal for those who to go to Dairy Queen without having their ice-creams!



Other than hanging out in coffee shops and restaurants, we visit Al Masmak. It was so beautiful! It held so much history and authenticity, it was just beautiful.



We visited another historical place, if I could say so. We went to Al Dari'yah, Wadi Hanifa. The place is just amazing, I loved how they preserve the place and showed its value in the country, it's such a great effort.



The photo above was actually inside a private property. We just sneaked inside to discover the place, took some photos and ran back outside!



Al Thumamah was a great adventure, too! We packed our snack bag, bought drinks and head out to nowhere! I was mildly disappointed because I didn't picture it to be like this, but overall, it was fun! We just parked between two tents at random and we sat there. I found out that it's really difficult to walk in these sands, I felt they're going to suck me down! The funny thing about this trip is that a mini sandstorm came and we all freak out like beheaded chickens! We realized how stupid we were when the sandstorm instantly passed! The weather was refreshing and we had a taste of Riyadh rain!

In the last two days, I started to wear out and crave Al Baik. They city of Riyadh was amazing, it made me think about Jeddah and how it's unfair they neglect such a beautiful city like Jeddah this way.

Comments

  1. this is the first time i like riyadh or somehow like

    thnx btw share all the restaurants u went there

    ReplyDelete
  2. this make me appreciate Jeddah Even More <3,and that buffalo breakfast looks so delicious ^^ . welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit , I lived in riyadh my whole life and never been to wadi hanifa I don't even know what it is :P

    but I don't get it when people say Riyadh gets all the attention ! Cause obviously it's not true , jeddah is way more beautiful ! Riyadh is the city that everybody hates !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's alright, I guess. I would've made a post about it but boy they're a lot and I found out that I hadn't take photos for them all. I would probably made individual posts one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, even thou it's so late xD Jeddah always stays deep within our hearts! Buffalo's is so great, I wish they'd open one here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mai, how could you say this! You should explore your city's history!! It's what makes things more valuable! Well, I agree that Jeddah is better, probably because of the atmosphere and the people here are so easy to get along with, however, it has been neglected and it's so unfair, you see all the tragic incidents happening here T.T The roads, the public services, institutions and universities.. and the list goes on, they're all nothing comparing to Riyadh's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment