Just like in Jane Austen's novels..




















Most people in Saudi Arabia get married in a family arranged marriage. A girl might get engaged since she's born to her cousin, that is the extreme type. Luckily me, I wasn't engaged while I suck mommy's breasts but i am now. And how's the lucky guy? I honestly don't know.
I do kind of know him but not in the way that I want to. That's the downside of being in such big know and traditional family. He's a really good man and a perfect marriage material and his family is a great family too. One of my friends says after I told her who's my fiance: "oh the big head!" That was kind of cool, but it's not perfect yet. I keep telling myself that I am just like Jane Austen's characters, where they marry someone that their family chose for them and not happy with it at first but they fall in love later and live happily ever after. But I'm not a book character, i'm real, and I don't know what is my ending going to be like. Sometimes I get so scared because I don't know this guy's silliest and smallest details, eg. what his favorite coffee shop? what his favorite music album? Is he funny, dead serious or romantic? These details are trivial but important to any woman because always women care about these little details. And other times I freak out because he is someone new, and he will take me away from mommy and dad, the people I lived with them twenty-two years! I don't know why I'm so scared about, I feel like there is something missing and it is him.

Comments

  1. Nouf sweetie, I swear I'm the worst friend ever! I didn't realize about your new blog! Wow I didn't know that I suck that much! I promise will drop by here more often.

    Your post is really touchy. Can't you try to get to know him better? Don't you talk to him on the phone? Babe I'm worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C darling don't worry, a9lan i just got my blog back and commented on you so you'll know it.. it's okay wallah..

    about my situation, i don't in this moment but i will soon enshallah b3d al-melka.. but i couldn't wait coz sometimes i get a cold feet and i need him to reassure me, not my sister or "his sister! but what makes me feel a little bit better is that he feels the same way i do.

    7BeeBtii enti *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment