Book: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.



Generally considered to be F. Scott Fitzgerald's finest novel,The Great Gatsby is a consummate summary of the "roaring twenties", and a devastating expose of the "Jazz Age".


Through the narration of Nick Carraway, the reader is taken into the superficially glittering world of the mansions which lined the Long Island shore in the 1920s, to encounter Nick's cousin Daisy, her brash but wealthy husband Tom Buchanan, Jay Gatsby and the mystery that surrounds him.



 

My rating: 5/5.

I really loved the book, it was a refreshing read and somehow, it was familiar as an old friend you forgot about. From the very beginning, I was grasped by the beautiful and smart writing. Although the book is a classic but it's not boring and traditional as what people might think it would be. The story is beautiful in a really sad way; a man in love trying to find the woman he loved by unlikely way. There were so much pride, dignity and loyalty in Gatsby. It's one of the greatest character I've came across so far. The ending was so sad, I didn't predict it, and it was highly unjust. I felt my heart heaved with anger at people and how ridiculous and unfaithful they sometime could be. The book was inspired in another sense; that no matter how poor a person is, he could be the best in everything if he's really have the strong will. I really recommend it for those who are intimidated by classics but still want to read them.

Comments

  1. call me a kids but I really hate sad endings I stay sad for days till I get over it :(
    I probably shouldn't read this .. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, try not to be like this because sad things could be eye-opening sometimes and surely, they are so beautiful. I don't know why I find beauty in sad and damaged thing, maybe because they have a sense of truth and authenticity. You wouldn't want to miss this book, I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment