Book: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Firemaintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.


 

 

 

4 / 5

Well, that was a thrill read! It's obviously the second book of the series where Katniss and Peeta keep on living their lives after the Games are finished, but their lives were never the same! It started really slow at the beginning but the ending was amazing! There was an expected turn of events, I didn't see it coming at all! I still can't quite digest Peeta's character, I don't see much of him in the book. Most of the events is Katniss is saving Peeta, Katniss is worried about Peeta, Peeta is so good he can't tell the wrong from right.. Is Peeta have a character of his own?? I don't think so, it's just an extra element to support the "Romance" in the book. I'm disappointed that there isn't much of Gale, thou. I think his character is stronger and well-rounded than Peeta's. I wished if they called Gale for the Quarter Quell, that will be more interesting!

Comments

  1. catching fire was my least favorite of the series , I wish they've called gale for the quarter quell too ! but it was only for previous tributes I guess ,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment