Make-up Crush: NYX Cosmetics ♥

 / noun /

(Greek Mythology) Goddess of the night

 

I have developed an obsession NYX cosmetics after I tried out one of their lipsticks long while ago. I only liked how the presentation of the products, I thought it was really cute, at first glance. So, I went back home and read all the reviews I can find about NYX and browsed the website and checked every section of it! I came to a conclusion that NYX is worth a whole decent try out!

I bought NYX 5-color Eye Shadow Palette: The Caribbean Collection.


ESP5C05 - I DREAM OF ST. JOHN


And I practiced this tutorial by Blair, JuciyStar007, using the first three colors on the left of the palette.


[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf3puNgjwxU]

I have to say that the result was satisfying, I was excited when I finally done it right this time! Although I used different tone of eye shadow base, it didn't make any difference. And honestly, I like the tone of the base I bought! It's on White Pearl ESB02:



I also bought two single eye shadows that comes in this cute little package:



They are in this shades:



PRUNE - ES76



ORO - ES114

I must say that I was more happy about the latter more than the first color. The PRUNE wasn't all bad, thank god it turned out on that icky purple shade I was afraid it would be! It was okay, it would be great for a smokey eye make up, thou. The ORO shade was marvelous! I finally found that metallic golden color I was looking for for AGES! I either end up with yellowish shade or a barely golden it's almost transparent color! This one is AMAZING, it gives you a rich color and texture, you can use it only on the lid with a black eye-liner!

There are more colors, you can check them on this page.  I'm definitely going to buy bunch of colors, soon!

I bought three nail polish, 2 colors from NYX Nail Polish Girls, on Hot Blue and Perfect Gray.



And one from their usual nail polish line on a shade called Secret!



The color in the photo is way darker than the one I have and it's more brownish. The one I have is more dark reddish and has a slight of glitter in it! It has the same name, thou!

The last product I bought from NYX is a lipstick, I love their lipsticks, they are smooth and soft and they don't crease and the color is rich you don't need to add another layer. It's from their Black Label line and it's called Berry.



It was hard to make my NYX shopping to end but I had to do it at the end! Now, I'm thinking to go back and get some blushes! What makes this brand great is that they are so good and have a good quality and they come in affordable prices! I couldn't try their foundation, thou. I always use MAC for foundation, wether liquid or combat powder, it has always to be MAC, and I can't make any risks on that because I already know the tone of the foundation that is so perfect to my skin. My friend Hind actually thought that my skin is toned and even! I use MAC Studio Fix Powder and Studio Sculpt Foundation and never dared to change that!

Another make-up haul..

I bought a lipstick from Make Up Forever, even though I don't like the brand, I liked the color!



It's more brighter that the picture and it has a "Barbie" pink shade. The color is cute, I don't use that color more often and I thought it's good for a change. I just didn't like the texture of the lipstick, it creases and I had to apply more than layer to make it even. I kind of regret wasting 91 SR on it, I could get the same color from another brand with a better texture and price. Won't buy it again, and not any of their products. I just should have sticked to my word when I first try their shadows years ago.

I bought a Max Factor Master-Touch Concealer for the second time, it's so great I run out of the first one so quickly!



This one is a must-buy! Find the perfect tone for your skin and it will make the dark circles under your eyes disappear! I have tried different concealers and they were making the dark circles stand out more by making them in an ugly gray-ish color. But this one, is PERFECT! I used to use everyday before I go to work, I just apply some under my eyes and on blemishes and I was ready to go! I definitely recommend it!

Well, this post turned out to be longer than what I was planning to make but I felt I had to share my thoughts on the last two products, it could be useful for anyone of you! On a side note, I'm still on the lookout of good brushes, the softest brushes of all but yet affordable. You know, I'm still learning to do my own make up and I don't want to use expensive tools until I master the art of make-up!

Comments

  1. it's the first time I've ever heard of this brand , thanks for introducing it !
    that's reminds me I need new make up :|

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment