Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green


Before. Miles “Pudge” Halter is done with his safe life at home. His whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave “the Great Perhaps” even more (François Rabelais, poet). He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young. She is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. Then. . . . After. Nothing is ever the same


 

5 / 5

John Green was already one of my favorite authors before reading his books, I have heard so much good things about him and his books. Now, that I have read one of his books, I can say I have a solid reason for liking him. John Green successfully created this place of Culver Creek where you feel so familiar with the characters, I don't know whether it was the simplicity of his writing or of his story, either way, he was brilliant. To be honest, the book was a bit slow in the "Before" part but nevertheless, entertaining. I liked the "After" part more where they started to unravel the mystery of Alaska and made me think about my own life. The characters were endearing, especially Pudge, I loved his friendship with the Colonel. I can't say that I liked Alaska that much, there was a bit of exaggeration in his characters and she confuses me. I loved everything in this boarding school, I enjoyed the Old Man classes and I kinda have this image of the Eagle in my head. A new world, new people have sprung to life in my head and I think they will stay there as long as I lived.

Comments

  1. looks interesting .. is it available in jareer ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure really, it wasn't available when I was looking for it so I bought it online!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment