We Are the World. 2010

I can smell a catastrophe's coming. It's reported that a group of super stars will remake the beautiful song that was originally written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, "We Are the World."
http://www.tadias.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/we-are-the-world_cover.jpg

If you don't know this song, shame on you! I know it since I could even remember and it has been my favorite ever since. The song touched me the first time I heard it and I sang along with it in our old big living room after I came back from school. I remember it clearly! It's still touching, I almost cry every time I hear it, I don't know either is it because I'm overwhelmed by the super amazing group or the purpose of that song. I chose to post this video particularly because it has the lyrics on it and it shows the name of the performer so you can know the names, in case you don't.







My favorite parts are Michael Jackson's of course, Bruce Springsteen's and Cyndi Lauper's.You can see big names such as Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Diana Ross and Ray Charles. A big list of legends who came together for a charity case which is to help Africa. I can never get sick of it, how they are singing all together and the great voices one after another make me sing along with all of my heart and soul. Twenty-five years later, Quinsy Jones decided record this great song to help Haiti. It's for a good cause I know and it's a great idea, BUT LOOK AT THIS LIST!!!!!!!!!
- Akon.
- Lil Wayne.
- Snoop dog.
- MILEY CYRUS.
- Justin Bieber, WHO THE HELL IS THAT????
- Jonas brothers.
- LL Cool J.
- Celine Dion.
- Barbra Streisand.
- Josh Groban.
- Enrique Iglesias
- Jennifer Hudson.
- Vince Vaughn?
- Jeff Bridges??
- Kayne West.
- Will i am, is that even a name? It's William!
- Pink.
- Nicole Richie.
- Joel and Benji Madden.
- Rashida Jones!
Oh god my heart hurts I can't go on with this list because there are Usher, T-Pain and Jamie Foxx and Brandy and many people I don't even know or heard their names before.. The list is so confusing but I think it will be hilarious if they added Taylor Swift! Come let her sing with Kayne West, it will be amazing!! I can't take this seriously, it feels like a parody of the original song.
Take a look at the sneak peek.







LIL' FREAKY WAYNE IS SINGING BOB DYLAN'S PART???
I just can not explain my utter resentment.

Comments

  1. Miley Cyrus and that little baby Justin Bieber?! :O what a shame!!

    They're all crap!
    The only decent ones are Josh Groban <3, Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand!
    And oh, i never knew Rashida Jones could sing! I love her, she's so cute!!

    PS, I followed you on Twitter, I'm Hana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously?!! it is a very sad choice of people! however, the proceeds are going to charity, and that's what counts.. i guess people are into these singers and that's what sells :S still sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I can't imagine how this song will be..
    As I said before, the list is so confusing, big names, weird names.. all together and the result.. ?
    * I followed you too, i didn't know that was you!

    Yawarakai you're right, it's all for a cause.. But i think they chose those artists on the same ground, "What Sells" of else, they wouldn't pick lil wayne in the first place..

    I love this song and it sickens me to see how it ended to be like..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sad, it's getting pathetic. Jonas Brothers, Snoopy dawg, MILEY 5ara CYRUS! WI leeish! If they added all the oldies, and some indie bands it would have been better. Meh, sadly, those "musicians" sell, it's all about publicity...Haiti people better have ALL that money. >:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment