Recently in Jeddah ~ Coun Lounge



A new Italian place has recently opened in Sari street, Jeddah. It's Coun Lounge, an Italian Cafe & Restaurant. 



At first, the atmosphere reminded me of Deja Vu, the dim lights and dark furniture.. and the decor in general only, Coun Loung is a bit classier! The colors and seating are all so relaxing except it was too dark for me. And the low ceiling made me feel a little claustrophobic but it all went well when the food arrived!



Once I sat down, the whole thing gave me a Salad Boutique's vibes! Anyhow, the friendly waiter came with complimentary drinks! I don't know what was actually those drinks, they tasted like Rose water and Pink Cocktail, but all I knew, the drinks were great!



The menu was full of options; salads, appetizers, chickens, pastas, seafood, deserts and drinks! And the prices were reasonable, too.



What I really hated after we ordered, is that the place was freezing and it took them so long to bring the food! Thankfully, the food was good and it worth the wait! We have ordered Cesar Salad, Fettuccini Polo "I guess it was Polo," Chicken Basil and Chicken Risotto.





The Chicken Basil was MARVELOUS!  Oh, dear god, I want to have it right now! It was full of flavor and the mashed potato underneath the chicken breast was just as amazing! I think it was the best dish of all the four! The Cesar Salad was full of garlic, they should've named it Garlic Salad!



I had to try their deserts, it wasn't a good choice, unfortunately! The coffee was delicious, thou. If you're going, don't forget to stir your coffee first! It has a powdery stuff at the bottom of the cup! My coffee was hazelnut latte, and it really tasted like hazelnut, remember the hazelnut wafers? The coffee tasted exactly like that! The fondant has a strawberry flavor which I didn't like. I don't like flavored chocolate at all, except of mint chocolate!

All in all, the place was good, the food was delicious and the coffee as well! I do recommend the place if you want to have a relaxing night out with a close friend. Plus, I notice something different but really cool, they are playing all types of music... Arabic, dabka, Khaliji, techno, pop, classic, rock.. everything! In our way out, they played Green Day's BASKET CASE!!!

The total cost was about 400.. and we were four, so it's reasonable! That's pretty much it, if you visited the place, let me know how you liked it.. And please, if anyone knows what "Coun" means, tell me!

Find Coun Lounge on:

Comments

Post a Comment