2010 to 2011.

2010:



  • Done with my bachelor degree in English language and literature.

  • Ended one of my longest relationships, she turned out to be such a poser.

  • Called off my engagement.

  • Found out that I don't know what to do with my life.

  • Read all the seven books of Harry Potter and fell in love with them.

  • Made new amazing friendships and had the honor to be in their lives.

  • Got out of my comfort zone and enrolled in the Student Body elections.

  • Elected as the Student Body vice-president.

  • Published  3 articles before I graduated and 3 after graduation.

  • Fell in love with modern classic literature.

  • Had my first Macbook pro and my iPod broke.

  • I reconnected with cousins I haven't seen in 7 years and we clicked!

  • Gained a lot of weight in such a little time and still struggling.

  • Spain won the world cup.

  • My sister lost her baby; he was born way too early, he was too weak to live.

  • I lost my graphic design mojo.

  • Fell in love with French movies.

  • I haven't read a single book that is released in the same year.

  • Tried to learn Spanish on my own which ended unsuccessfully.

  • It's freaking hard to find a job.

  • I realized that I'm terrified of water and that I'm really a bad swimmer.

  • My Chemical Romance had finally released their new album.


2011:


I could only wish to:

  • Lose a lot of weight.

  • Get a scholarship to continue my post-graduate studies.

  • Find a decent job.

  • Buy all the books I want.

  • Read at least 10 classics before the end of the year.

  • Cut my hair and get new glasses.

  • Be in touch more with my friends.

  • Lose the negative attitude.

  • Write and design more often.

  • Be an active blogger.

  • Organize my computer.

  • Get a new iPod.

  • Get better in swimming lessons.

  • Get a guitar, a record player and a new big bookshelf.

  • Stick with the 52 books challenge.

  • Bake edible cookies and start trying to bake muffins.

  • Live life to the fullest.

Comments

  1. It's been really interesting to read that.
    So proud of you gurl!
    and I'm sure, next year will be better inshallah for you.
    You've learned a lot about your self and the world around. This self-actualization is very important, better for a life ahead.
    I do have faith in you.
    wish you all the best in the New Year :)
    All love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I wish the best of the best and a very happy life, too <3
    I will always be learning something about myself, it's tiring sometimes to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope u live this year and the years that followed quite happily

    happy new 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's really tiring indeed..
    but that's what makes each one of us a valuable being.
    At last, when we look back and see how far we've gone, how deep and rich with lessons we've become.. I think this realization, these fruits, justify a lot.
    May you be blessed
    Thank you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck nouf isa u will find amazing job
    just keep looking and introducing yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what makes it count <3 Dear God, why don't you make a blog and write more <333333 I love your writing, it's humanistic and spiritual! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sam, allah ysm3 mink ya rab. I will, I will do my best enshallah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DiiiDiiii <3 ya rab ameeen wo enti kaman my darling :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. inshallah this year is gonna be your best so far ..
    and btw I have the same water problem !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya rab, and I hope it's going to be a blast for you!
    And it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who's afraid of water xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this list especially the books part!
    Speaking about job arghhh, me too I want a new job! 3 months plus to break free yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOL!! Take it easy maybe you will find an awesome-er job!!! I'm dying to get one of my own soon, I'm rotting in home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment