Book: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.


 

My rating: 2/5

The third and the final book of The Hunger Games trilogy was a huge disappointment to me. I was expecting a book that is filled with thrilling turn of events, more stronger characters and a REVENGE! I found the book is really dull, nothing made sense and what was wrong with Katniss?? It's just so stupid making her collapse every now and then, she could be involved in serious action, like going into battle with a strong head and well, or plotting to take over the Capitol, not just sitting around and be used whenever they wish. And after all of this, she is the face and the symbol of rebellion? It's just stupid. It took me a whole month to finish the book because I was in shock, I didn't expect after two books of excitement, this happens! Beside being disappointed with this book, I have to admit the book has its merits. The political views of the war between the Capitol and the rebellion, and how the war leaves a person destroyed and wishing to die more than willing to live, and how far power-greedy leaders could go. I choked up here and there and I got slightly emotional near the end, but that was it for me. The ending wasn't satisfying, the whole book didn't live up to the expectations.

Comments

Post a Comment