I'm Not Sure About This.

I just finished this movie, Chatroom. I may have watched just because to see Aron Johnson but there was another star who stole the spotlight! Matthew Beard was absolutely brilliant, I loved his performance in this movie. I saw him first in An Education and he was great as well, this boy has a brilliant future ahead of him!

Anyhow, the movie actualize the cyber-world in a way to dramatize the psychological effects the online conversations have on a person. It is what I love in this movie beside Matthew and Aaron's face. The concept was brilliant, it shows how those effects never leave the person even if he got offline, especially teenagers who are more vulnerable, of course.

Aaron Johnson, William, the lead character who is a troubled teen that hooked up on teenagers-sucide videos, becomes obsessed with the character Jim, played by Matthew Beard, and tries to persuade him to kill himself.

Chatroom, starring Aaron Johnson, Matthew Beard, Imogen Poot, Hannah Murray and Daniel Kaluuya. The last two actors were in the first generation of Skins! And I have to say that Hannah Murray is still in Cassie mode, which I like xD

 

IMDB rating: 5.3/10

Tomatometer: 11%

The ratings are really bad, but the movie worth the watch. It will make you think how much is one person is able to break down the other one into million shattered pieces. If you could be able to play with someone's emotions like the puppet, if you ever have this kind of power over them, would you break them or make them stronger? Let's say your intentions were good and you wanted to help them, wouldn't it be an illusion and if you cut the threads and let the dummy on its own, won't it destroy itself eventually? I know I'm blabbering, I had too much food on supper and it's past my bedtime.

Comments

  1. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who decently knows what they're talking about on the internet. You does indeed know how to bring an issue to light and make it absorbing. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I'm really flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment