Rain scares in Jeddah.



This was Jeddah one year a go. No one will forget the catastrophe happened in the south of Jeddah where floods washed houses, cars and many innocent souls off its way. Every time I think about it, it makes me angry; many people have died and governments according to ArabNews: "Government estimates put the Nov. 25, 2009 death toll at 123." Could this number be any more random than that? It's so stupid, the country is so stupid it makes sick.



A year after the tragic incident, Jeddah is still scared of any tiny drop of rain. Once there is a black cloud in the sky, schools sent kids home and people left their workplace to get back home as soon as possible. Unfortunately, everyone wants to get home first. I don't know what to say about this exactly, I think it's stupid,too. It was raining yesterday but that doesn't mean history will repeat itself. I do believe that people who made this mess, the traffic mess and ridiculous scares, want an excuse to act irrationally and angry. Whether it's repressed anger or for attention seeking, nothing validates this kind of behavior.

Comments

  1. allah yesam7 eli kan el sabb

    http://twitpic.com/3l5ioa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just sad and embarrassing, I don't know how authorities could sleep at night knowing that they're screwing Jeddah's sewage system. If I had this power, I would make my best to improve the city and country!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment