TIME: Person of the Year 2010



Mark Zuckerberg, the guy who created facebook, is voted to be the Person of the Year. Well, I don't know what to say about this. Zuckerberg has always been there ever since he created facebook, why noticing him just now? I personally, believe that the movie Social Network has a major influence. They say: "Any publicity is a good publicity!" And even though the movie portrayed him as this self-centered geek, Zuckerberg benefited from the movie, and being voted as the Person of the Year is a great evidence of that. I wish if Julian Assange was the person of the year, he did what million of people could never do. He had a stronger impact, no one these doesn't know about the Wikileaks, and that wrecked the governments who are now trying to shut the voice of Wikileaks down. For me, he's the Person of the Year 2010. I guess, this says pretty much about how the world works, TIME wouldn't dare to put him on the cover as the most important and influenced person of this year or else they will get screwed. So, they went for a safer option, not that I have anything against Mark Zuckerberg, but he could be the Person of the Year earlier since he made this success for like 4 or 5 years a go. The other runner-ups, besides Julian Assange, for TIME Person of the Year 2010 are Hamid Karazi, The Chilean Miners and The Tea Party.

Here's an article about Mark Zuckerberg in TIME.

Comments

  1. yeah I was surprised too , I could think of many other people who deserves to be called person of the year.. it's too late to put the facebook dude :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy someone else agrees!!! What difference there is about Zuckerberg when he first came up with facebook and now? It will make more sense if they made him the person of the year earlier! As I said, it's a safer choice! Making Assange the person of the year would probably make troubles for them.. idk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment